In the summer heat the best place to be for fun and sun is at a water park. A novel idea realized in the 1940s, water parks have been a great way to get the family outside for a day of activity without overheating. As people become more cognizant of the dangers associated with extensive sun exposure water parks have adapted and moved indoors, meaning that the fun is no longer limited to the summer. Finding one should not be difficult either, but there are some that merit a special visit just to see how much water fun can be crammed into a day.
1. Sandcastle Aqua Park, Lancashire, England. One of the best rides at a water park is here, the Master Blaster. The longest indoor water ride in the world promises to show anyone willing to give it a ride an excellent adventure. The park itself was opened in 1986 and is the biggest indoor park in the United Kingdom.
2. Sunway Lagoon, Petaling, Jaya. This extreme water extravaganza can boast of being the largest water park in Malaysia. See what it would be like to explore the wilds of Africa on the Waters of Africa ride. And this exciting ride is just one of many ways to make waves at the park. It is well worth taking a day out of the schedule to check this one out if you are traveling to Malaysia.
3. Las Cascadas, Puerto Rico. The largest water park in the Caribbean, this location attracts large crowds every year. It is a singular experience as that cannot be replicated anywhere else in the area.
4. Noah’s Ark Family Park Inc, Wisconsin. The US has many water parks and this is the biggest. With its 18 indoor water parks, it is no wonder this one is called town where the park is located is called the “Water Park Capital of the World.” Opened over three decades ago, this park includes more than 70 acres of water romping fun.
5. Wet n’Wild Water World, Australia. The largest in the country, this park is an experience you can only find in Australia. The park is not like any other in the world, and included 20 acres of sub-tropical garden to prove it.
6. World Aqua Park, Edmonton, Canada. Near the famous Edmonton Mall, this park is impervious to the cold climate. Instead of being cooped up inside on those cold winter days, take a trip to this impressive water park where it is always over 86ºF. Hopping in the world’s largest wave pool will certainly get your mind off of the winter blues.
7. Tropical Island, Germany. This one mixes the wonders of the water with some of the splendors of the air. An enormous zeppelin hangar is inside the facility, as wells as a man-made rainforest. It is a new parker (less than a decade old) with a capacity of 8,000.
8. New Braunfels, Texas. Although not the biggest in the country, this water park is the biggest in the state and is located at the Schlitterbahn Watercentre Resort. As the first place to offer a surfing machine, it is well worth a visit to see what other fresh ideas this park has to offer. Float along in the 3 miles of water on your inner tube, splash down in one of the many water slides, or splash up on the world’s first uphill water ride.